Throughout my teaching practice I try to model my behavior to be the person I want my students to become. I want all my students to feel that they are in a safe and nurturing environment where they are encouraged to explore their creativity. Mistakes are meant to be learned from. By setting limits and expectations students are empowered to make choices.
- To provide students with the opportunity to develop creative skills and competency in materials and techniques with multiple visual art media.
- To stimulate and train visual awareness, perception and critical thinking skills
- To make connections between art and historical and contemporary cultures
- To empower students to discover and develop visual expression through the analysis of their work and the work of others.
- Be Safe
- Use tools and materials for intended purpose without waste
- Clean up messes and keep studio tidy
- Be Responsible
- For your own work
- For your behavior
- Be Respectful
- To classmates and instructor
- Work in a manner which is not distract others
- Be a Learner
- Inquire about art
- Reflect on your progress
- Prepare developed and organized lessons
- Model appropriate behaviors
- Focus on strengths and positive behaviors
- Establish consistent and fair consequences