Throughout my teaching practice I try to model my behavior to be the person I want my students to become. I want all my students to feel that they are in a safe and nurturing environment where they are encouraged to explore their creativity. Mistakes are meant to be learned from. By setting limits and expectations students are empowered to make choices.
- To provide students with the opportunity to develop creative skills and competency in materials and techniques with multiple visual art media.
- To stimulate and train visual awareness, perception and critical thinking skills
- To make connections between art and historical and contemporary cultures
- To empower students to discover and develop visual expression through the analysis of their work and the work of others.
Student Expectations & Responsibilities
- Be prepared.
- Be on time with all necessary materials
- Ready to work
- Be respectful.
- To classmates and instructor
- Raise hand for assistance
- Work in a manner which is not distract others
- Take care of all tools and materials.
- Participate in clean up
- Use tools and materials for intended purpose without waste
- Return items to their appropriate place
- Prepare developed and organized lessons
- Model appropriate behaviors
- Focus on strengths and positive behaviors
- Establish consistent and fair consequences