Master of Public Administration
Certificate, Arts Management, College of Charleston, May 2013
Certification in Arts Education
South Carolina State Board of Education, July 2007
Bachelor of Fine Art
Major: Art Education, Minor: Art History, University of South Carolina, December, 2006
Atelierista, Qatar Academy September 2014 – Present
- Trained in Reggio Emilia Principles and Philosophy
- Developed and implemented provocations and arts integrated lessons K3 – Grade 5.
- Provided Professional Development for educators and administrators.
- Collaborated with local artists and museums to provide learning through art connections and programs
Visual Arts Educator, Hanahan Middle School August 2007 – June 2014
- Developed and implemented strategic planning and assessment of visual art curriculum for K-12 with emphasis on Common Core Standards, and STEM (or STEAM).
- Collaborated with core subject teachers to infuse the arts in Math, Science, Language Arts and History.
- Developed and implemented exhibitions of student work.
- Developed and implemented adult art education for teachers and parents.
- Created partnerships with local arts organizations.
Special Talent Enrichment Program (STEP) Art Instructor August 2008 – June 2014
- Developed and implemented displays of public art
- Development and implementation of visual art lessons to gifted and talented students
- Created partnerships with artists and local arts organizations
Teaching Artist June 2012 – December 2013
- Developed and implemented arts programs for students youth to adult.
Business Manager, Redux Contemporary Art Center, January 2013 – January 2014
Grants Received: South Carolina Arts Commission, Yaschik Foundation, Donnelly Foundation.
- Wrote and managed grants for educational programming, exhibitions, and general operations.
- Created budget analysis and implemented strategic budgetary process for educational programming, events and exhibitions.
- Developed and implemented training policies and procedures for volunteers/interns and educational programming.
- Managed and assisted with the development and execution of educational programming, outreach, events, and exhibitions.
- Developed and supervised outreach programming.
Pecha Kucha Charleston Summer, Fall – 2013
- Event preparation
Redux Contemporary Art Center May 2012 – January 2013
- Administrative Assistant
- Juror, 2013/2014 Exhibition Calendar
Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry Spring 2012
- Education and outreach programs
- Experienced in English Second Language Learning
- Fine art, including drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, fiber arts, photography, printmaking, bookmaking and art history
- Develop and implement long range plans and assessment for educational programming and events
- Development and implementation of arts integrated lesson plans with a focus on Common Core Standards and STEM (or STEAM)
- Create partnerships between students, artists, boards and other organizations to enhance the arts community
- Curating student work for exhibition
- Grant writing and management
- Lead in strategic financial management
- Develop and implement assessment strategies and benchmarks for program analysis
- Recruitment, selection, training, and policy implementation of educators, staff and interns to meet programming needs
- Volunteer management
- Charleston Association of Grant Professionals 2013 – 2014
- Women’s Caucus for Art, Treasurer, Charleston 2009 – 2010
- PTA Reflections Committee, Chair 2007 – Present
- National Art Educators Association September 2006 – Present