Education and Certifications
Master of Public Administration College of Charleston, May 2013
Certificate in Arts Management
Certification in Arts Education
South Carolina State Board of Education, July 2007
Bachelor of Fine Art University of South Carolina, December, 2006
Major: Art Education, Minor: Art History,
- Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art October 2016 – Present
Visual Art Specialist
- Qatar Academy Doha September 2014 – Present
- Berkeley County School District August 2007 – June 2014
- Special Talent Enrichment Program (STEP) Art Instructor August 2008 – June 2014
- VCU Qatar, Community Classes, Fall 2015
- Redux Contemporary Art Center, Fall 2012
- Lead Teacher of Arts, Qatar Academy Doh, August 2015 – Present
- Business Manager, Redux Contemporary Art Center, January 2013 – January 2014
- Pecha Kucha Charleston Summer, Fall – 2013
- Redux Contemporary Art Center May 2012 – January 2013
- Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry Spring 2012
- Experience in English Second Language Learning
- Knowledge of fine art, including drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, fiber arts, photography, printmaking, bookmaking and art history
- Develop and implement long range plans and assessment for educational programming and events
- Development and implementation of arts integrated lesson plans with a focus on PYP Curriculum, Common Core Standards and STEM (or STEAM)
- Create partnerships between students, artists, boards and other organizations to enhance the arts community
- Curating student work for exhibition
- Grant writing and management
- Lead in strategic financial management
- Develop and implement assessment strategies and benchmarks for program analysis
- Recruitment, selection, training, and policy implementation of educators, staff and interns to meet programming needs
- Volunteer management
- IB Workshops: Making the PYP Happen (2014), The role of the arts (2016), Transdisciplinary learning (2015), Collaborative Planning (2017).
- The Mindful Educator, Elissa Ballard, 2017.
- Practical Ideas for Vocabulary Learning, Sheena Cameron, 2016.
- Connecting Collections, MoMA, 2015.
- Teaching Through Inquiry, Andrea Muller, 2015.
- Integrating the Reggio Emilia Principles and Philosophy, 2014.
- Mini NESA, Bridging the Gap in Science through Literacy, Art and Technology, 2016.
- Mini NESA, Using Visual Arts to Teach Curriculum, 2014.
- Qatar Academy Yearbook Committee 2016 – Present
- Qatar Academy Social Committee 2014 – Present
- Charleston Association of Grant Professionals 2013 – 2014
- Women’s Caucus for Art, Treasurer, Charleston 2009 – 2010
- PTA Reflections Committee, Chair 2007 – 2014
- National Art Educators Association September 2006 – Present